Travel Insurance Ireland
Fed up with the rain? Looking forward to your sun, sea and sand or even snow, ski and slopes holiday. Make sure you and your family are prepared for all eventualities. Compare Travel Insurance Ireland is an Irish holiday insurance comparison website that will help you choose the right travel policy. There are now a vast number of insurers on the Irish market offering a wide variety of different types of policies. It’s hard to know where to start and what you should be looking out for. This site reviews some of the main travel insurance cover limits and benefits.
Holiday cover has become such a hot topic with flights and holidays being disrupted due to strike, adverse weather conditions, third party insolvency and civil unrest. Unfortunately many Irish holiday makers were caught out over the past few years due to snow or volcanic ash, don’t let it be you. Ensure you have adequate insurance in place to cover you, your partner and your family. These risks are on-going issues that will continue to affect Irish holiday makers. Whether you’re travelling alone as a couple or family it is important to plan for the unexpected. It’s essential to know what your policy will cover and the extras that can be added on to ensure your holiday is safeguarded. Compare cheap quotes on Compare Travel Insurance Ireland.
Compare Travel Insurance
Compare Travel Insurance Ireland reviews the main travel insurance providers so you don’t have too. There are many different types of holiday insurance available so it is worth your while and may even save you money to know what type of policy suits you, your partner or your family and the best value for certain types of trips away. The main travel policies are single trip, annual cover, multi trip, winter sports, backpacker and long stay travel insurance. A brief description is given below:
- Single trip will cover you for a once off holiday or trip.
- Annual Insurance or multi trip will cover you for multiple trips within the year.
- Winter sport cover will insure you against insured risks on your skiing or snowboarding holiday.
- Backpacker travel insurance or long stay will cover you for an extended period of travel up to 12 months. Although some insurers will now extend that period up to 24 months in total, terms and conditions will apply.
If you have a pre-existing medical condition or have questions relating to submitting a claim we have outlined some important and useful holiday cover tips below:
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- If you have a pre-existing medical condition read the terms and conditions very carefully. Some insurers require you to obtain a note from your GP to confirm that you’re fit to travel while others require you to call a health screening number in order to cover that specific condition.
- If you have health insurance some insurers may offer you a discount depending on the level of health insurance you have in place. This may vary from company to company. If in doubt give them a quick call.
- If you have a pre-existing medical condition and you do not wish to cover this condition, your travel insurance policy will still be valid but you will not be able to claim for any incidents relating to that specific medical condition.
Tips for submitting a claim
- In the unfortunate event you need to make a claim for medical expenses abroad, ensure you retain all documentation and receipts from the hospital or medical centre where you have been treated.
- If your belongings are lost or stolen, report the loss to the local police station as soon as possible usually within 24 hours or as soon as you become aware the items are missing, ask them to complete a report which you must keep to confirm the incident did occur. If your luggage goes missing you will need a PIR report from the airline.
- Always ensure you have a copy of your travel insurance validation certificate, the policy number, emergency assistance and claim number before you travel.
We hope you will enjoy using our website Compare Travel Insurance Ireland and find it informative and easy to use. Have a fantastic trip, see you soon!
Cheap Travel Insurance
Everyone wants to buy cheap travel insurance that offers comprehensive cover. It is essential that your policy insures you for the main risks which may cause you financial loss. Our aim is to compare cheap travel insurance quotes at the best levels and to ensure you understand what is and what is not covered!
Your standard travel policy should cover you for:
- Emergency medical expenses.
- 24 hour emergency service and assistance.
- Personal liability: cover in the event that you are being sued for accidently injuring another person or damaging their property.
- Lost and stolen money or personal property i.e. valuables, passport, airline tickets.
- Cancellation and curtailment if you have to cancel or cut your trip short due to an insured reason.
- Missed departure, if you missed your flight due to an insured reason.
- The policy should cover you for the duration of your trip.
Your policy may also insure you for the following:
- Personal accident.
- Legal expenses.
- Third party supplier insolvency.
Always read the policy wording carefully for exclusions:
- Most policies will not cover alcohol or drug-related incidents.
- Any insured travelling or third party relative with a terminal prognosis or individuals awaiting test or investigation results from the hospital.
- If you have a pre-existing medical condition you may have to check with medical screening, always read the policy wording carefully.
- Age limits may apply to some holiday protection policies.
Travel Insurance Comparison
Always be prepared, travel cover is intended to insure you for medical expenses, missed departure, lost or damaged baggage, holiday cancellation or curtailment and other insured unexpected occurrences while travelling abroad. Travel Insurance comparison will help you review different holiday criteria to ensure you make the right choice.
Most Irish travellers regret not taking out holiday protection. Some think their private health insurance or credit card accident cover is sufficient. Unfortunately this is not the case. A medical emergency can be very expensive. If you need to return to Ireland unexpectedly it may cost you thousands of Euro, if you don’t have adequate insurance.
Before purchasing a holiday policy, ensure you are comparing like with like. The principal benefits you should be comparing are lost baggage, medical expenses, excess levels and holiday cancellation cover. Travel insurance comparison generally takes a bit of research, but it will be worth your while and give you peace of mind while enjoying your holiday abroad. Review our site to compare cheap travel insurance today
Save money with these handy tips
- Travel insurance companies usually charge for sending documentation out in the post, ask them to email you this information instead and save money.
- Insurer’s generally offer discounted quotes for internet bookings, if you book over the telephone you may incur additional charges. If you have any questions give them a quick call they will be more than happy to answer your questions. Once you have this information you can proceed to book online.
- Save money by purchasing direct rather than going through an intermediary. Always shop around and make sure you are comparing like with like.
- Most travel insurance policies will not cover smart phones, ipads, laptops etc Why not buy a cheap phone for your travels. If you must take these items you can extend your home insurance policy or purchase a gadget insurance policy.
- Many travel insurance companies will offer a discount for couple and family policies. These prices may vary, ensure you compare quotes.
- You can add additional benefits to your standard policy depending on your trip, these may include, cruise cover, golf, business and winter sports. One of the most important optional covers would be travel disruption or volcanic ash cover, this will insure the individual in the event flights are cancelled due to volcanic ash or adverse weather conditions. Always read the policy wording carefully to ensure you understand what is and what is not covered. If in doubt give the insurance company a quick call.
- Many insurers will not offer cover once you have departed Ireland, ensure you take the insurance out well in advance.
- Most travel insurers will offer a discount if you have health insurance with VHI, Quinn or Aviva. This option should be on their website.
Cheap Travel Insurance Ireland
If you were to take anything from this site, we would recommend that you read this cheap travel insurance Ireland guide as it will help you make up your mind and ensure you understand what you should be looking out for. This guide was put together in order to save you both money and time. Its aim is to provide you with information that will help you decide on which policy suits you best and help you get the best and most relevant deal on the market.
Decide what type of policy is most relevant for your trip
The two main types of travel insurance available are single and multi trip policies. This is one of easiest decisions to make. If you are planning on making one trip this year, you choice should be a single trip policy. If you plan to make two or more trips it may save you money by purchasing a multi trip policy, also known as an annual travel insurance policy.
Review insurance quotes
Most insurance companies in Ireland will offer comprehensive internet quotes which you can buy online rather than going through a retail outlet. If you have any queries give the insurance company a quick call. Once you have decided on the policy, purchase on online as most companies are now pushing for online sales and offer discounted quotes. Online holiday cover policies can be a lot more competitive than purchasing over the telephone. Always shop around and make sure you are comparing like with like.
This is very important as the destination of your trip will impact on your quote and this will vary from insurer to insurer. In general the options will be UK, Europe and Worldwide. Despite most insurers advertising travel cover based on the above territories, some countries may be excluded, these countries might be experiencing political or civil unrest, war or terrorism. You may already be aware of these countries through the media and news, but if in doubt you can check the World Health Organisation or Department of Foreign affairs. Alternatively give the insurer a quick call to confirm. Most travel insurance policies will have territory and country exclusions.
Over 65 and 70 year old travel insurance
Most travel insurance policies will cover you up to 65 years old as standard. For individuals over 65 and 70 years old, premiums maybe slightly more expensive as risk increases with age. It’s also important to note that if you have a pre-existing medical condition you must inform the insurer, they may require you to contact medical screening in order to establish the risk level for that specific condition. If they deem it to be a serious condition you may have to pay an additional premium for cover. Travel Insurance Ireland is a comparison website for Irish residents that offers great value comprehensive holiday insurance policies at very competitive prices.
Worldwide travel insurance
Worldwide travel insurance will cover you to travel to most worldwide destinations, although there may be exclusions on certain destinations due to war or political unrest. The main options are UK, Europe and Worldwide. Select the relevant geographical location that suits you. If you do select UK or Europe initially and then decide to travel to the USA later that year, you will have to contact the insurance company to request an upgrade.
Compare Travel Insurance Ireland is an Irish Travel Insurance Comparison website offering useful information in relation to travel insurance limits and benefits. Thank you for visiting our travel insurance Ireland website, we hope you found the information useful and that you will save both time and money by using our handy holiday insurance tips. Enjoy your trip, hope to see you soon! We feature the following top branded travel insurance companies in Ireland, Blue Insurance, MultiTrip, Ebookers Insurance, Great Cover, Annual Travel Insurance, AA Travel Insurance, Backpacker Travel Insurance and World Nomads. Don’t forget to LIKE our new Facebook page!
Comparetravelinsuranceireland.com is not authorised to give personal financial advice under Republic of Ireland Central Bank regulations. All tables and text on Compare Travel Insurance Ireland are for Informational purposes only and should not be considered as financial advice.